Sunday, October 23, 2011

Seven Minutes in Heaven

Well hello all! My name is Rosie, and this is my blog. For those of you who know me, you are probably going to expect this to be hilarious, which, of course, it will be. However it is also going to track my progress and process of my directorial debut of Seven Minutes in Heaven by Steven Levenson. SO, here goes.

Last week, I got to cast my show, and it was a much more stressful situation that I anticipated it to be. I have been part of the casting process before, but as a stage manager, where I just gave my input. But this time, I was the director. I called all of the shots. Trust me, I love being in charge, but that was so much pressure that I was just not ready to handle. But it all turned out wonderfully...hopefully...

Today we had a rehearsal soley for cuts, so that I can start with blocking right away tomorrow! YAY! And the rehearsal today was extremely productive...except for the fact the Jessica Liftman can't follow along with cuts to save her life. But it got done. Tomorrow I start actually rehearsing...and I have all of these ideas about warm ups that I want to do and games I want to play, and they all sound fantastic! In my mind... I feel like I will go to do them, and no one will fully understand why we are doing any of it. Which, really doesn't matter, as long as I'm having fun...

Also, I actually applied to college today. Do you have any idea who liberating it is to press that submit button? Liberating, but terrifying all at the same time. Because you aren't just submitting your name and extra curriculars and an essay, you are submitting your path for the rest of your life...think about that...I know I am.

Well, I think for a first blog post, this wasn't too bad. Things to look forward to in the next blog post: My opinions of the make-out hallway of Clements High School. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment